At Summit Aviation we know your privacy is important to you, and it’s important to us too. We want you to be confident, knowing your information is safe and will not be misused. The following policy applies to those using Summit Aviation services worldwide, such as the Summit Aviation app, website, or services, and describes how personal information is obtained and used to provide our services. By using these services, you are agreeing to this policy.
Types of Information and Methods of Collection
Personal information collected by Summit Aviation includes:
- Information that you provide to Summit Aviation when completing any forms requesting information, services, or inclusion in any newsletters.
- Depending on your device permissions and app settings, we may also collect your location information when choosing the “Near Me” option in the Summit Aviation app for finding airports close to your current location. You may use the app without enabling location services.
- Information generated when you use our services.
- This may include: travel preferences, additionally requested services, and payment information. This may also include information related to other individuals utilizing the service with you, such as accompanying passengers.
- This also includes information related app crashes.
- Information from other sources, such as Summit Aviation partners and third-party resources.
- Background check information: We may collect background check information if you request services related to any of our flight operations. This may include information related to no-fly lists or criminal history. Such information may be collected by other parties on behalf of Summit Aviation.
- Information may be obtained from others requesting services on your behalf, marketing providers, or publicly available sources.
How Information is Used
Summit Aviation collects and uses information to provide safe travel and improve the delivery of our services. Summit Aviation does not sell or share your personal information to third-parties for third-party marketing purposes.
Information collected by Summit Aviation is used in the following ways:
- Provide services. Information collected is used to provide services, personalize your experiences and improve service delivery, as well as overall customer satisfaction. For these purposes, information is used to:
- Confirm your identity
- Enable service delivery
- Process payment for services
- Track the progress of your trip
- Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, address any operational problems, and perform data analysis
- Deliver communications regarding products, services, promotions, news, updates and events.
- Legal proceedings and requirements. We may use the information we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to your use of Summit Aviation services, or as otherwise allowed by law, or as requested by regulators, government entities, and official inquiries.
Some of Summit Aviation’s products, services and features require that we share information with other parties. We may also share your information with our affiliates and business partners, for legal reasons or in relation to claims or disputes.
Summit Aviation may share the information we collect:
- With service partners regarding services you have requested. For example, if you are a charter customer and request a rental car.
- At your request or with your consent.
- With the public when you submit content through public means, such as social media.
- With payment processors or parties who are financially responsible for services that you use. For example, if an employer is covering the cost of services for an employee; or if a passenger’s trip was arranged by another party.
- With Summit Aviation service providers and business partners, including: background check providers; lawyers, accountants and other professional service providers; fleet partners; insurance and financing partners; airports; and catering providers.
- For legal reasons. Summit Aviation may share your information if we believe it is required by applicable laws or regulations, operating agreements, legal processes or governmental requests, or where otherwise appropriate for safety. This includes sharing your information with law enforcement officials, government authorities, airports or airport authorities, or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms and Conditions, user agreements, or other policies, or to protect Summit Aviation’s rights or property, or the rights, safety or property of others. This also includes sharing information in the event of a claim or dispute relating to your use of our services. If you use a credit card belonging to another person, we may be required by law to share information with the holder of the credit card including trip information. This also includes sharing your information with others in connection with negotiations of mergers, company selling of assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition our business by or into another company.
Information Retention and Deletion
Summit Aviation retains user profile and other information related to transaction, location, usage and other information. You may request deletion of your account at any time by notifying Summit Aviation directly. Upon request from the account holder, we will delete any information we are not required to retain. However, in some instances, we may not be able to delete your account (e.g. if there is an outstanding credit or balance on your account, or an unresolved claim or dispute). Summit Aviation will delete your account once any such issues are resolved.
We may also retain information necessary for our business interests, such as preventing fraud and improving users' safety and security. For example, if unsafe behavior or security incidents are witnessed or known about, we may retain certain information about that account to prevent that user from obtaining Summit Aviation services in the future.
Special Information for EU Users
In accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), European Union users have the following additional rights, as of May 25, 2018:
- You may request a copy of the information collected by Summit Aviation about you if collected by means of consent or necessity to provide the services requested, as well as an explanation of how that information is used.
- You may request corrections to information that Summit Aviation has about you that you believe is incorrect.
- You may request your account be deleted at any time by contacting Summit Aviation directly. Certain information maybe retained about you for security reasons, or as required by law and for business purposes permitted by law.
- You may object to Summit Aviation's processing of personal data, including for marketing purposes based on profiling and/or automated decision making. We may continue to process your information notwithstanding the objection to the extent permitted under GDPR. Comments, questions or complaints may be submitted to Summit Aviation directly, or you may also file a complaint relating to Summit Aviation’s handling of your personal information with the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens, the Dutch Data Protection Authority. Their contact information is as follows:
2509 AJ DEN HAAG
(+31) - (0)70 - 888 85 00
Summit Aviation processes the information of EU users based on one or more of the grounds specified under the GDPR:
- This includes:
- Personal information that is necessary to establish and maintain your account, including identity verification; enable communications with you about your trips, accounts and services; and to make payments.
- Background check information necessary to enable Summit Aviation to provide transportation and other services through the Summit Aviation app or website.
- Aircraft location information necessary to track trips while in-progress.
- Transaction information, which is necessary to generate and maintain in connection with your use of Summit Aviation services.
- Usage information, which is necessary to maintain, optimize and enhance Summit Aviation’s services.
- The processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of our users or of others. This may include sharing information with law enforcement authorities in case of threats to the safety of users or of others.
- The processing is necessary for Summit Aviation’s interests. This includes collecting and using information:
- To maintain and enhance our staff and users' safety and security (e.g. performing background checks, where permitted, to prevent unsafe or banned users from utilizing services through our app or website).
- To prevent, detect and combat fraud in relation to the use of our services.
- To inform law enforcement of criminal acts or threats to public safety.
- To provide customer support, develop new services, improve the user experience, and enhance the safety and security of our services.
- For direct marketing purposes.
- To enforce Summit Aviation’s Terms and Conditions, Charter Agreements and other policies.
- The processing is necessary for the interests of other persons or parties. Summit Aviation collects and uses personal information for the interests of other persons or the public. This includes sharing information in connection with legal or insurance claims to protect the rights and safety of others, or processing personal information regarding a substantial public interest and on the basis of applicable laws.
- By your consent. Summit Aviation may collect and use your information based on your consent, including location information, notifications, name, address, phone number, email and trip details. You may revoke your consent at any time, however you will not be able to use any service that requires collection or use of the information. Summit Aviation may also collect personal information about you through voluntary surveys. Information collected through such means is done so through consent and will be deleted once no longer necessary for the purposes collected.
Options and Access
Summit Aviation provides ways for you to see and control the information that we collect, including marketing opt-outs and direct requests. You may opt-out of receiving informational or promotional emails from Summit Aviation through the “unsubscribe” links at the bottom of any received email. You may also request that Summit Aviation provide you with explanation, copies or correction of your information. Please note that if you opt-out, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as receipts for your trips or information about your account.
We reserve the right to update this policy. By using our services after an update, you consent to the updated policy.